PPIE provides grants to fund up to $500 for student projects or special events that support student achievement in all areas. Projects should also support the PUSD Strategic Plan mission: “Our students will make a better world.”
Congratulation to our 2017-18 Innovative Student Grant recipients!
Math Club Competition Funding
$148 – Asim Biswal, Foothill High School
Funds for registration at math competitions
$300 – Alex Chen, Foothill High School
Funds for registration at Bay Area Science Olympiad Regionals
Tshirt Art Exhibition
$500 – Anika De, Amador Valley High School
Funds to purchase a printer and tshirts so that student art can be worn on campus to promote art and creativity
Holidays for Seniors
$200 – Robert Gan, Foothill High School
Funds for blank cards to be decorated by Foothill students and distributed to Pleasanton senior citizens
$100 – Sasha Green, Amador Valley High School
Funds for materials to create photos and essays of students for exhibition during Donversity week
$300 – Uditi Guha, Hart Middle School
Funds to create a mural at Hart’s library
3D Printing Filament
$195 – Emily Hughes, Lydiksen Elementary
Funds for 3D printing materials that will be used for STEM projects
Valentine’s Cheer for Seniors
$95 – Michelle Lee, Hearst Elementary
Funds for materials to create Valentine’s for residents at the Sunol Memory Care Center
Hart MathCounts Club
$400 – Nikhil Padavala, Foothill High School
Funds for materials to for the Hart MathCounts Club and to prepare for the Foothill Math Tournament
Help Us Film!
$500 – Nischay Poovaiah, Amador Valley High School
Funds for cameras for the Journalism program to create more videos about Amador student life
Amador Valley Local Leaders of the 21st Century
$500 – Justin Shih, Amador Valley High School
Funds for materials to institute recycling program at Amador
The Small Planet Project
$500 – Kyra Thorsden, Foothill High School
Funds for materials to institute recycling program at Foothill
Lancer News Camera
$144 – Scarlett Wagner and Gabriella Blaker, Lydiksen Elementary
Funds for a camera to support the publication of Lancer News
PPIE is proud to present these grants on annual basis. The next set of applications will be accepted in Fall 2018. Students interested in applying for an Innovative Student Grant should keep the following criteria in mind:
- A student or student group may submit only one proposal per school year.
- A PUSD student or group of students must author the application.
- A single student named to submit the proposal must be central to carrying out the project and will be responsible for tracking finances and writing and submitting the final report by the deadline.
- The sponsoring teacher must be involved/consulted in developing and implementing the project, through to completion, including the tracking of finances and writing and submitting the final report by the deadline.
- All activities and materials requested are to be compliant with PUSD policies.
- Awardees must be willing to share the end project with PPIE, including photos and narratives.
- Typical expenses considered for funding are consumables, non-consumables (will become the property of PUSD), entrance fees, and consultant costs.
- Funding is not available for salaries of PUSD employees or substitute teachers.
- A teacher sponsor, to offer guidance as needed through the completion of the project, and a school principal’s approval are also required.
Here are the grant requests PPIE has funded in the past: